Friday, February 28, 2014

New





******** A little note about the song above.  I was watching an episode of Ray Donovan on Showtime.  They played this hit.   I had forgotten about this golden oldie.  Big ups to Ray Donovan.********

******************

New year, new energy, new me(hopefully).   I decided to buy some equipment to take better pictures of my inventory.  I finally broke down.  Since I had some money on the books at Amazon, I was able to purchase a light tent, necklace display and a tripod.  I made a light box from cardboard( I am all about being frugal), but my work space is small and I needed something that I could collapse and put away.   I would rather make a product than buy, but  I needed to make my jewelry POP, I needed (wanted, you pick) these items.  I just hope my frugal crowd understands.     
I had never brought from Amazon before and I found the experience to be well..... alright. 
  I don't really know what I expected.   More fanfare, light flashing, angels weeping. 
 Oh well, let me show you what I got.   


Here is my light tent.   A little smaller than I would like only 12 inches, but it will do.  I have not tired it yet.  I am going to ask a friend of my to build me a stand to hold my clamp lights that will surround the tent.  This way I can get the crisp,  clean white background for my jewelry.





My Tripod came in the mail next. 

Eventually, I will purchase one that stands a little taller. 
 I plan to photograph other items.  

And last but not least, my necklace display.  

Ebony and Ivory.  

I can't wait to get started. 

No comments: