Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recycle, Redo, Repurpose

I like all kinds of jewelry.  I love wearing it, making it and more times than not, I will redo a piece to make it my own.  I happen to pick up a box of items and in this box was some bracelets.  I am always happy to see jewelry or things I make into some accessory.  Two were wood and the others were plastic.  They were pretty banged up, but the creative person in me came out and tried my hand at redo the bracelets.  I have remade, recycled and re-purposed jewelry before, but it has strictly been with earrings, necklaces, and beaded bracelets.  I have made jewelry out of belts, Cd's, string, rubber and whatever I could get my hands on.  I kinda of miss that.  For so long I have been starting from scratch, making pieces.   I decided to get back into the swing of things,  This is an excellent time, with the country going green and people are looking for a way to save money.  

From time to time I will devote myself to redoing a piece for either restyle or a full out redo. You can look at one of my other project with a light green purse that I restyled.  I think it turned out very nice.  

So here is to dipping my toe back into the world of redo, recreate and recycle.  Take a look.

This first bracelet was very simple.  It had a few scratches on, but I could not buff them out or paint over.  So I just added more scratches.  I like unusual things.  The more to the left, the better I like it.  I have gotten a lot of compliments on this bracelet.









The next bracelet was this ugly shade of blue, with white swirls.   I painted the bracelet and added stickers.  I varnished over the entire bracelet so that the stickers would stay and put a shine on the bracelet. 








Here is one of my favorites.  I just deepened the color(burnt orange) and I had already punched(I brought the punch at the dollar store) out this swirls.   I just glue on the swirls and waited for them to dry and varnished the entire bracelet. 










I continued my sticker theme with the next two bracelets.  Just to keep the stickers in place, glue them, let them dry and varnish to keep the stickers in place.  This also places a high gloss to the object.




















I believe 99% of any object can be reuse again.  All it take is time, creativity and a little love.  

No comments: