Friday, November 18, 2011

I was prepared

It has been a busy couple of months.   Let just jump right into the mix.  I had several shows scheduled for October. plus other obligations.   My first show was at the local college, one of my favorite spots.  I was dead on.   I had my news ready, I had fliers.  I had made new earrings and necklaces.   I was on the ball.   I made some new customers and saw so of my returning customers.   I was able to complete at least 20 new pairs of earrings just sitting at the table waiting for customers to come by(I had another show the next day and I wanted to be fresh).  I ended up putting some of the newer earrings on the table.   Sometimes It is a hit or miss.  I sold more earrings and bracelets this time around.  Sometimes I will sell a variety of all three, necklaces, earrings, bracelets.  Today was different.   I knew I had to make more bracelets for the show tomorrow.   Making bracelets takes longer for me to make than necklace and earrings.   Since I have switched over to all wire wrapped bracelets, I have to come up with new and stylish ways to showcase my design.  .  I can make 3 necklaces in an hours, 20 earrings, but maybe one bracelet.   This cuts down my construction time.  I will concentrate more on the bracelets than the other two.  OK, back to the story.  

I enjoy going to school.  It gives my ideas, watching the fashion show, men and women and they seem to enjoy buying and wearing my pieces.   This is and always will be one of my favorite spot to setup.   For those of you who want to try it and live in the Waterloo area. call the Maucker Union at UNI to rent a table.  The flow of traffic and meeting nice people is what attracts me.  Maybe you will get hooked on UNI too.

No comments: